Notice board: COVID-19 Updates
The well-being of our members and program participants is our priority in this evolving story. The Lifesaving Society is carefully monitoring the public health and safety risk associated with the evolving COVID-19 outbreak.
On the basis of the most current scientific information available and current best practices in Canada, the Lifesaving Society Nova Scotia Branch is recommending the following:
1. All Lifesaving Training Programs and Events will cease until at least May 1, 2020.
2. This includes Swim For Life, Swim To Survive, Bronze, National Lifeguard, Leadership and all First Aid Training.
3. A re-assessment of this recommendation will be made as the situation changes. We will provide updates as required.
• The Society's annual general meeting, scheduled for April 16 at the Zatzman Sportsplex, is postponed and will be re-scheduled for a later date.
• The Society's office is closed until further notice. We are checking messages and emails from home.
• All Lifesaving Sport events are cancelled until further notice.
• All Swim to Survive programs are cancelled until further notice.
Aquatic and First Aid Award Extensions
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in the closure of many businesses and facilities and the cancellation of certification and recertification courses. To support staff and the re-opening of these facilities and businesses, the Lifesaving Society will extend the validity of any awards required for employment that expired between March 1, 2020 and the date that our certification programming is allowed to resume. This includes National Lifeguard, Bronze Cross and First Aid certifications.
These awards will be extended for a period of 90 days following the date that the public health allows businesses, facilities and recreation centres to re-open.
Certificates will not be reprinted. Employers and employees do not need to take any actions to qualify for the extensions.
Join our Team
Call for Nominations- Board of Directors
Lifesaving Society is looking for nominations for our Board of Directors. For more information on the position and the nominations application form: click here