Notice board: COVID-19 Updates
The well-being of our members and program participants is our priority in this evolving story. The Lifesaving Society is carefully monitoring the public health and safety risk associated with the evolving COVID-19 outbreak.
On the basis of the most current scientific information available and current best practices in Canada, the Lifesaving Society Nova Scotia Branch is recommending the following:
1. All Lifesaving Training Programs and Events will cease until further notice.
2. This includes Swim For Life, Swim To Survive, Bronze, National Lifeguard, Leadership and all First Aid Training.
3. A re-assessment of this recommendation will be made as the situation changes. We will provide updates as required.
• The Society's annual general meeting, scheduled for April 16 at the Zatzman Sportsplex, is postponed and will be re-scheduled for a later date.
• The Society's office is closed until further notice. We are checking messages and emails from home.
• All Lifesaving Sport events are cancelled until further notice.
• All Swim to Survive programs are cancelled until further notice.
Aquatic and First Aid Award Extensions
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in the closure of many businesses and facilities and the cancellation of certification and recertification courses. To support staff and the re-opening of these facilities and businesses, the Lifesaving Society will extend the validity of any awards required for employment that expired between March 1, 2020 to September 24, 2020. This includes National Lifeguard, Bronze Cross and First Aid certifications.
Certificates will not be reprinted. Employers and employees do not need to take any actions to qualify for the extensions.
Although the application process has been delayed due to COVID-19, the Lifesaving Society is excited to offer scholarships for post-secondary studies. The application will be posted for submission by the end of June 2020 and advertised on our website and social channels. Scholarships will be awarded by the end of August 2020.
Join our Team
Call for Nominations- Board of Directors
Lifesaving Society is looking for nominations for our Board of Directors. For more information on the position and the nominations application form: click here.